Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Although I got this from another blogger, this has also been going around on Facebook (you should become a fan of Blue Frame, by the way ;) so I thought I'd have a try...

A - Age: I'm 24, although my birthday is just about a month away. And then I'll be a quarter of a century old.

B - Bed size: You know, we had the option of getting a queen-sized bed but honestly? I prefer our trusty full-sized bed. I don't feel at all squooshed or anything, but I suppose you'll have to ask Frank his opinion. haha.

C - Chore you hate: I pretty much hate all chores. But the one chore I reallllyyyyy hate is laundry. bleh!

D - Dog's name: We don't have a dog. 1) we're never home and so we would make horrible owners and 2) Frank is deathly allergic to basically anything but human hair. So, no pets for us.

E - Essential start your day item: I start every morning a half hour earlier than Frank. Hop in the shower, turn on the news and eat my cereal. And then I check Facebook. And email. And sometimes CNN.

F - Favorite color(s): I'm a fan of teal.

G - Gold or Silver: How about white gold? That seems to be a good compromise.

H - Height: 5'4". Okay, okay, if you want to be realllyyy technical, I'm 5'3-3/4" There. happy? :-p

I - Instruments you play: My mom taught me piano when I was in the second grade and then she paid someone else to give me lessons until I was in sixth grade. I stopped at the 3rd level because my hands weren't big enough to reach the octaves. They still aren't. Then I switched to clarinet and played that for....nine years? And then I gave my best shot at playing trumpet because I was tired of being in the back of the field in marching band. My band director didn't like me too much for doing that, but I don't regret it because I had a lot of fun in the trumpet line. :)

J - Job title: Administrative Support Associate for the Academic Success Centers at my alma mater by day and photographer/ graphic designer by night and weekend.

K - Kitchen wish list: I'd like to have more counter and cabinet space.

L - Living arrangements: I live with my husband in good ol' Waynesville. It's nice because it's halfway between my workplace and Asheville.

M - Mom's name: Janice.

N - Nicknames: hmmm growing up it was Peachtree, copper top, duracel, (one boy in the second grade called me petertree and it made me cry -- my maiden name was Petrea.). In college, a few of my friends called me Carriebear and now my husband calls me either honey or 'my love.'

O - Overnight hospital stay: only when I was born.

P - Pet Peeve(s): When people slurp their soup.... good golly, that gets on my nerves!

Q - Quote from a movie: ummm... the only one I can think off the top of my head is from The Producers when the two main characters visit a notoriously, flamingly gay director.

"May I take your hat, your coat and your..... swatztikas?"

Previously, the two had been to see a nazi fanatic about producing the play he wrote, "Springtime for Hitler." The nazi fanatic made them wear arm bands with a swatztika on it to show that they were serious about producing the play. The gist of the movie was to produce an awful, awful play -- one that no one would ever possibly like -- in order to bank big bucks. It's a funny movie. you should go see it.


R - Right or left handed: Right. But I once tried to become ambidextrous. It never fully worked, but I can do some things so-so with my left hand.

S - Siblings: 2 sisters.

T - Time you wake up: During the week, at 6:30 a.m. On the weekend, it's anyone's guess (unless I have something scheduled)

U - Underwear: Ummm. yes.

V - Vegetable you dislike: ummmm... beets. Are beets considered a vegetables?

W - Workout style: I don't workout like I should. Sometimes Frank and I will walk around the park near our house. And sometimes I'll get on the Wii Fit. But nothing strenuous

X - X-rays you've had: I had an x-ray of my spine in middle school. I remember it was sort of freaky to see all my bones like that. I had (still have?) scoliosis but I don't think it's bad enough to really affect me. I was off by like 10 degrees or something.

Y - Yesterday's best moment: hmmm hanging out with our friends, Susan and Daniel at a local pizza joint.

Z - Zoo favorite(s): I've always been fascinated by the elephants and the monkeys. :)



And because a post is always good with a picture, here's one I grabbed during Matt and Lauren's wedding. It's also incidentally on the cover of my new portfolio book, which should be here in about a week :) so excited!



Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment